Being in business for almost 10 years has taught us a lot of things, one of the most valuable is the importance of community. During times like these, we all rely on our friends and neighbors to get through, and fortunately at Hello Bistro, we have incredible friends and neighbors. We sincerely appreciate your support, trust and goodwill.
The safety and well-being of our team members and guests continues to be our highest priority, especially in the current environment, and we are continuously reviewing the guidance from the state and CDC to ensure we’re employing the recommended best practices to protect our team and our guests. The current times are unpredictable, and we are all adapting each week. There is one thing that doesn’t change though, and that is our commitment to our team members and communities, as well as serving great tasting food.
Caring for our Guests
We’ve had to reduce our hours and the scope of our menu a bit to better accommodate takeout-only service, but we continue to be a place that you can rely on for incredible salads, tasty burgers, and fresh-cut fries.
As a reminder:
- We’re still open for takeout at all 7 of our Pittsburgh area locations.
- We’ve streamlined our operations to make it more convenient for you to pickup your takeout order while minimizing personal contact. This includes using our Hello To Go shelves for “contactless” pickup.
- A third-party delivery service has also been added at all of our Hello Bistro locations as an option to get food without having to leave home or work.
Caring for our Team Members
Unfortunately, like so many other businesses, we’ve had to furlough many of our team members. We look forward to welcoming them back when our dining rooms reopen. Until then, we’ve been focusing on ways that we help our team right now, including:
- Waiving all telemedicine co-pays for all team members on our health insurance
- Doubling our team member discount for all active and furloughed team members
- Providing furloughed team members free meals each week
We also have team members who are still working to serve takeout meals to our guests and it’s important that we care for them too. Being assigned a shift is completely at the option of our team members, and those who do opt-in are receiving a bonus for each hour worked as well as a free meal during their shift.
Caring for our Community
As a hometown, family-owned company, we know and understand the importance of community. And when local schools started to close due to COVID-19, we knew that there would be a critical need to feed those children who relied on school lunches.
Through an innovative partnership with the PNC Foundation and the United Way of Southwestern Pennsylvania, we’re working to provide meals to more than 250,000 students at school districts across the region at no cost to the students.